Pi Day Ravioli Casserole
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Baking time: 40-50 minutes
- 2 bags (22 or 24 oz) frozen, round, cheese-filled, mini ravioli (slightly thawed for ease of stirring)
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 jar/can (26 oz) tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 c. pepperoni slices (5 oz)
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon mixture into an ungreased 9- by 13-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and cheese.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
In some stores, it is difficult to find the small, round ravioli. I used to find them at Kroger, but now I have my best success at Food Lion. Finding the correct ravioli for Pi Day is very important. :-)
I also usually use more Italian seasoning than the recipe calls for, probably more than 1 t. for a square baking dish. I really like oregano.
You can also make this ahead the night before, cover it and store in the refrigerator, then uncover and bake the next day.